Seeing that we spend one-third of our lives in bed, we spend a lot of time pressing our heads against the pillow and we can't imagine how dirty the pillows are. It is important to know how to clean the pillows properly so that it cannot be removed once it gets dirty.
Your pillows need to be properly cared for to ensure that its life is guaranteed. It is important to understand how to take proper care of filled pillows so that they do not get damaged during cleaning. This article will help you learn how to take care of filled pillows.
Diamond box filled pillows should not be machine washed as they can damage the cosmetic texture of the pillow. Do not use a dryer on a filled pillow, the heat can cause damage. Do not rub the pillow too roughly. Let's go straight to the point how you clean diamond filled pillow so they don't get in the way.
WASHING YOUR DIAMOND FILLED PILLOW
In general, it is recommended that you wash the filled pillow at least once every two months. However, diamond filled pillow has a removable cover that is easy to wash and can be cleaned in the washing machine at least once a week.
To wash pillows, place lukewarm water in a large pot/tub/sink and then add a small amount of mild detergent.
Avoid harsh cleaning products because it contains chemical build up and damage the pillow. Soak in a pillow, press gently to apply soap, and then press repeatedly to remove dirt. Keep doing this until your water is clean enough to show that your pillow is clean. Dry the pillow outdoors or in a well-ventilated place.
GENERAL CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLED PILLOWS
- Read this instruction carefully before cleaning the pillow.
- Invest in pillow cover/protectors to reduce dust and dirt on your pillow.
- Vacuum the pillow’s surface at least once a week. It helps to remove hair, dead skin cells and other foreign objects from the surface.
- Change the pillowcase at least once a week. It not only helps the pillow but also helps to enjoy a healthy sleep.
- Immediately clean the spills. This can be done with soapy water and a soft cloth / sponge. Absorb any leaks until the stain is gone, press the pillow with a dry towel to allow it to dry almost and let the outside air dry.
- If it is very dirty, you can add baking soda to the cleaner to remove it from the detergent more easily.
- You can leave baking soda on your pillow and smell some essential oils (if you want). Remove the pillow from the lid and sprinkle with baking soda. Leave the pillow in the sun for about 2-3 hours and then wipe off the baking soda.
Diamond box filled pillows are perfectly cleaned on hot, sunny days. This allows for a quick and thorough drying process. Allow the pillow to dry completely to prevent mold and mildew from accumulating.
You can invest in a quality pillow, but if you do not take good care of it, you will not like the quality it is designed to offer you. Understanding your pillow type and understanding how to take care of it is an important step in getting the most out of your pillow.